I’m Valerio Viperino, a 29 years old creative technologist currently based in London (UK).
You can find me online as vvzen o yaskebasi.
TL;DRI'm a hacker, thinkerer and lover of Computer Generated Graphics. I love to play around with 3d printers, lasers, cnc machines. I enjoy talking about art and philosophy of language. I pay my bills by automating VFX workflows and writing python code.
For a longer and boring bio.. continue reading..
Straight after High School, in 2012, I attended the 2nd edition of Rainbow Academy Digital Production course. I got out with 100/100 and I straight after that i started to work in Rainbow CGI on the shading and texturing of an animated movie and 2 tv series.
Having had enough of the repetitive stuff you have to perform everyday in a 3D studio and at the same time wanting more creative freedom, in 2014 I quit that job and started freelancing in the motion graphics world. During this period, I had the chance to gather experience in different fields:
- I collaborated with a Milan creative agency and created and edited footage for Borsa Italiana, Ferragamo and Cavalli (2014)
- I collaborated with Roberto Fazio Studio in the creation of a projection mapped 3d video (2014)
- I collaborated with the NAGEL duo for the creation of an Audio Visual concert (2015)
Then, at the end of 2015, after reading Learning Processing, I fell in love with programming. To strengthen my knowledge, I attended a mobile app development course at Politecnico di Milano and finally entered the dev world, which is how I got to pay my bills.
- In 2016, I started working as a freelance dev, first as a junior Android mobile dev
- Finally, I went back to the CG world, automating workflows with Python and working as a Pipeline TD (2017+).
At the end of 2017 I won a scolarship and I flew to the UK to pursue an MA in Computational Art at the Goldsmiths University of London (2018).
I then worked in Rome for one year as a Pipe TD in Frame By Frame and I’m now back in London, where I live and work as a Pipeline TD in Framestore.
To know more about my tech side, see &code.
To know more about my creative stuff, see !art.
You can drop me an email at valerio(dot)viperino(at)gmail(dot)com